I’m sure that if you’ve been a Google Ads Advertiser for a while, you’ve had to deal with disapproved ads in the past. Typically, these particular ads were disapproved because they aren’t complying with at least one of the Authorized Buyers policies for advertising on the Google network.
There could be any reason why they could have gotten disapproved, including:
- Your ad mentions themes deemed inappropriate by Google
- Your ad mentions copyrighted material
- Your company’s business phone number was included in the ad text
- Your ad text is too long
- Your ad claims that your company is “#1 in the business”
- Your ad text was too long
Of course, there are other reasons why your ad was disapproved, but these are some common reasons.
With disapprovals becoming more automated, there seems to be an increase in ad disapprovals. Because of this, Google announced a three strike rule, which will begin to take place in June of 2022.
What are these changes?
Brooke Osmundson has written up a report over on Search Engine Journal that goes over the new policy change coming late this spring.