In a recent announcement, Microsoft Advertising has released a new addition to their ad extension offering, which they are calling Filter Link Extensions. According to Microsoft, “With this extension, advertisers can present many different features under categorized headers so that users can quickly navigate to their key products and offerings.” Marketers will be able to include one header in their ads with between 3 and 10 clickable text values.
Filter Link Extensions work similarly to Structured Snippet Extensions, but the difference is that you’ll be able to add URL destinations.
Microsoft Advertising says that there’s 36 pre-defined headers for these extensions, which includes:
- Amenities for WiFi
- Fitness centers for hotels
They’ll also be shown with other ad extensions, and cost the same as clicks on the ad headline. Other details includes:
- They’re available in all Microsoft Advertising markets, on both PC and mobile devices.
- Advertisers across many verticals can leverage up to 36 pre-defined headers in all Microsoft Advertising supported languages.
- Filter Link Extensions can be shown with other ad extensions, including sitelinks.
- Clicks on Filter Link Extensions will be charged the same cost-per-click (CPC) as clicks on the ad headline.
- Filter Link Extensions can be created via Microsoft Advertising online only.
- Filter Link Extensions are reported at the header level, not at an individual value level.