A number of marketers considers the moment that Halloween ends as the unofficial start of the holiday season. But as a customer, do you agree? Many don’t.
But in reality, almost a third of consumers begin their holiday shopping as early as October.
From a business standpoint, when should you begin planning and launching your own holiday campaign? What are all the important components that should go into your holiday marketing strategy?
Anna Sonnenberg has an guide that she wrote up over on Social Media Examiner that you will will help you plan your social media campaigns for 2022’s holiday season.
In her guide she goes into detail about seven essential elements, including:
- Social media marketing campaign objectives
- Social media platforms
- Social media strategy
- Creative assets
- Trackable URLs
- Organic Social media content
- Paid social media content
Anna also discusses six recommended timelines, such as:
- Social media campaign timelines for Halloween
- Social media campaign timelines for Thanksgiving
- Social media campaign timelines for Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Social media campaign timelines for Hanukkah
- Social media campaign timelines for Christmas
- Social media campaign timelines for New Year’s Eve